About this Site:
This Site was created to aid in the development of clinical knowledge. We collect some information from you in order for you to have an account that you can use to participate on the Site. We don’t sell or profit from the information you share with us.
- What Information Collected. We collect these types of information on the Site:
- “Non-personal Information” is any information that does not identify you individually (such as group demographics) or does not permit a direct association with an individual. Non-personal Information may include information derived from Personal Information that has been de-personalized by removing unique identifiers and/or combining it with information about other users to form aggregated data.
- “Personal Information” is your personally identifiable information, including first and last name together with email address, mailing address, telephone number, geolocation information, financial or payment information, web browsing history related to the Site, date and times of visits to the Site, and/or IP address associated with your device. To the extent we associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, we treat the combination as Personal Information.
- How Information Collected. We collect information on the Site in these ways.
- Voluntarily Provided. In the course of visiting and using the Site, you may provide information to us voluntarily. For example, in order to use the Site, you must create an account, which requires you to provide us with a username and password. In the course of creating your account, you may be asked for information about yourself, including name, address, email address, and telephone number. If you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us, we collect it. You choose whether to disclose Personal Information, but you may not be able to use the Site or portions of the Site without doing so. When you: choose to purchase a product or service from us online (each of the foregoing a “Transaction”), you may disclose Personal Information to GCPD that we collect. We may not be able to process your Transaction without it. However, GCPD does not handle or have access to any of your payment information. For questions about how this information is stored and used, please read our third party partners’ privacy policies. GCPD may collect information you send us and combine it with information from other users and/or de-personalize it to make it Non-personal Information.
- Technologically Gathered. We collect some information automatically as you navigate the Site such as your IP address and other traffic data (such as information about how much time visitors spend on the Site or each page, etc.), “clickstream data” (such as internet protocol addresses, pages visited, clicks made, and similar information) and information about your computer and internet connection (such as IP address, operating system, and browser type). This sort of information is generally considered Non-personal Information (unless it is combined with Personal Information that you or other sources provide to us). We may also collect geolocation data and browser history associated with your use of the Site. As you interact with GCPD as an accountholder, we may save certain information about your transactions and your preferences. We use this information to enhance the Site and optimize your experience.
- “WEB BEACONS” are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that assist in delivering cookies. Web beacons help GCPD determine whether a page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times.. Although you cannot decline to receive web beacons when visiting a web page, you can choose not to receive web beacons by email if you disable HTML images or refuse HTML email messages, but you may not be able to experience all portions of the Site or service.
- Do Not Track. The Site does not respond to do-not-track signals from browsers or other similar mechanisms. While GCPD (with the assistance of its service providers) does collect information about your use of the Site for its own use, GCPD does not permit third party advertisers to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities for their own use when you use the Site. Except as described above, GCPD does not permit third-party behavioral tracking or any other third-party data collection through the Site.
GCPD may collect information through “cookies” and other technology, such as clear GIF technology (also known as a “web beacon”) and we may combine this with your Personal Information or with other Non-personal information. This Site employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you, and track your Site usage.
- What Information Collected. We collect these types of information on the Site:
- How We Use the Information. Generally, GCPD uses information to enhance and personalize your experience, to communicate with you for marketing and promotional purposes to improve our services, to improve, administer, customize, and/or maintain the Site, to manage Transactions, to build relationships with you and other users, to fulfill other purposes for which you provide the information, and to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights. We may contact you to provide information about our services. GCPD may disclose information about your demographics or use of our Site in a way that does not personally identify you.
- Transactional Purposes. If you provide Personal Information to us in connection with a Transaction, we will use your information to process the Transaction and communicate with you about it. Processing the Transaction may require communication of your Personal Information with third parties. In particular, in order to process your Transaction, GCPD will communicate your Personal Information to its vendor that assists with processing Transactions. For your protection, GCPD does not store or provide access to credit card information or other payment information, which is why you will be required to re-enter your credit card and expiration date with every online credit card transaction with our payment processor.
- Marketing. We may use Non-personal Information to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves and for others. GCPD does not place any restrictions on the use of Non-personal Information. Anonymous, aggregated information that cannot be linked back to an individual user may be made available to third parties.
- Personal Information. Your Personal Information is never for sale. This means that we will only share your Personal Information with your consent, and after letting you know what information will be shared and with whom, unless it is otherwise permitted in this policy. We do not sell or otherwise give access to any personal information collected about our users to any third party.
- Data Security.
- Security Measures. GCPD takes steps to protect your Personal Information. Access to your Personal Information is restricted in the following ways: All personal information input and transmitted by you to our website when you place an order is protected by password and by an encryption using Secure Socket Layer Technology (“SSL”). SSL encrypts your Transaction order and personal information before it is transmitted to us to avoid the decoding of your information by anyone other than GCPD.
- Steps you can Take. Where you have selected or received a password for use in connection with login information or accessing certain features of the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and for not sharing it with anyone. You use the Site at your own risk, and are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account. You are responsible for all activity on your account.
- Caution. While GCPD will endeavor to safeguard your Personal Information, it cannot guarantee absolute security. You acknowledge agree that GCPD shall not be liable for any security breach that results from causes or events that are beyond the control of GCPD (such as acts of God, hacking, terrorism, power outages, defects in third parties’ security products and services, your own acts and omissions, and other similar events beyond the control of GCPD).
- Disclosure to Third Parties.
- California. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com, call us at 1-855-200-4273 or write us at:
Galen Center for Professional Development
1031 Zorn Avenue, Suite 400
Louisville, KY 40207
- COPPA. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 14 on this Site. If we discover that any information is collected from a child under the age of 14, such information will be immediately and permanently removed from our Website.
- Account Deletion. You may choose to delete your GCPD account at any time. Upon deletion of your account, the usernames associated with deleted accounts remain unavailable for others to use. However, the content you made during your participation as an GCPD user will not be automatically deleted as part of the account removal process.
- Activity History. Our apps collect information about how you use them, including the content you look at. This information is viewable from within each app and is collected even if you are not signed in to your GCPD account. Activity history will not be linked to your GCPD account if you are not signed in.
- Analytics History. We want to make our apps better over time by learning how groups of users interact with them. Using analytics software, we learn aggregate information about traffic patterns, popular features, and what causes app crashes.
- Demographic Survey. Each student enrolled in a GCPD residency course will complete a demographic survey. This information will be collected for research purposes, and may be de-identified and published someday.